Saturday, February 13, 2010

A love note

In my most recent cruise and peruse of the Internet I came across this blog. It is all about scrapbooking your daily life. Of which I am a big fan of doing. And the first entry of this blog I read was about writing a letter to someone you love or scrapbooking about a letter that you had received. And the first letter that my husband ever wrote to me popped into my mind.

I had gone throughout the Target card selection today looking for the perfect Valentine's card and found nothing that was "right". So, home I came empty handed and feeling nervous and pathetic due to not having a "love note" for the significant other in my life. And that is when I came across the blog. And I had my solution to the "no card" dilemma. I will not be giving my husband a card this year. Not a card, but a scrapbook layout.

Developing a scrapbook layout is a process. For me it is a process of thinking about the products to use and the idea behind the layout. And in going through this process today, I have thought a lot more about what I wanted to journal on the page then the products I would use or best color papers to use. I wanted to write about what this letter meant to me, particularly after 11.5 years of being together and 10 years of marriage.

And I realized something. Something very obvious and clique.....but true.

I am loved. A lot.

It is not roses or chocolate or that necklace that I am coveting from Lisa Leonard designs.

And it is contained in a white envelope that is ripped and is written on lined notebook paper.

And it is telling little ol' me that he thinks I ROCK and am the girl for him.

I read this letter over again today and realized that he still believes all these things today and what a really wonderful gift that realization is....although I still would like that necklace!

When all is said and done, I have gotten a gift that a lot of people don't ever get.

A real life love letter....and that is pretty cool.

So, here is hoping that you have something in your life that reminds you of the love that people have for you. Whatever it is, I hope you treasure it on this Valentine Day.

No comments: