After the last three posts, I am sure that we could all use a break from commentary on my ALMOST finished dare....so I move onto my journey to lose the extra flabby flesh on my body. Just as interesting, I assure you.
I have been moving right along and reaching all kinds of fun milestones, such as finally not wanting a cherry coke so bad that I would sell my home for one or convincing myself that that pequliar noise was the dishwasher and not my stomach screaming at me for more food.
Today, I reached a goal that I have to say kind of rocked my world. I went into LL Bean and was exchanging my hubby's bathsuit for a different style one and as I was walking by the women's section, I got a feeling.
A feeling that pulled me past the mint green cardigans and plaid bermuda shorts and straight to a button down printed shirt. For some reason, my hand reached up and grabbed the first shirt on the rack. Looking at the size (medium) I was putting it back to get my usual XL, when my body took over and kept me moving to the changing room. NO WAY was that shirt going to fit me. I am always a L or an XL kind of girl. Even with my weight loss so far. But wouldn't you know it....my body knew best and that shirt fit me. Well, hot diggity damm!
So, I am riding on my "medium shirt fitting good" high and I decide that I can take over the world. Or at least wear other medium shirts.
After I shook my groove thing tonight at Zumba, I headed out on a journey to find another mystical medium shirt that would fit me.
And I failed. I had just bought into that myth known as "All clothes are sized the same". Its like unicorns and fairies. The idea of them is fun and makes your world feel all warm and fuzzy, but unicorns, fairies, and even the concept of all medium shirts being the same size only exists in your dreams ( and Lisa Frank stickers).
No comments:
Post a Comment