Friday, July 29, 2011

The return

I have thought a lot about what “this” would look like.  This post.  There have even been times that I was not sure that I would write this post.

I have even thought about not returning at all to this blog.  The reasons being many.  But here are a few..

1. My grammar….not so good…I write as if I am talking, not like I am writing an essay.  I had these visions of people yelling at their computers saying, “I swear if this chick uses “And” to start another sentence…..”

2. I am private person for the most part and a blog…not so private.  I wasn’t sure how to balance the two things.

3. There has been upheaval in my life over this past year in the form of a job that takes a lot of time. 

4. And the big one.  Why am I doing this and who am I doing this for.  I don’t write a blog about one specific topic “365 Days of Origami”, or sports or what to feed babies or how to stain any kind of furniture.  I just write about …..STUFF.

But I kept feeling a nagging sense of something not finished and things not said. I was also missing something I had enjoyed doing. Abe I mentions that I took a new job that keeps me very busy. With that busyness has come the need to simplify my life and to get rid of a lot of the extracurricular stuff….and I have started being able to come back to the things that matter to me the most. 

 I have worried a great deal about what I would say if I came back here and if what I had to say mattered at all to anyone, even myself. 

Then something happened not too long ago.  In pondering if coming back here was something I wanted to do, I went back and started reading old posts.  It was kinda cool.  There were stories I had forgotten and moments that came rushing back.  I realized that what truly mattered was that I had shown up here and said something.  Not sure if it meant anything to anyone else, but it mattered greatly to me. 

I am not going to make any promises to myself about how many times I am going to show up here other then I am going to show up. Not even sure what I am going to write about. When I have my doubts about this, I have reminded myself that a lot of the blogs I read change over time and add and take away things.  A bit of an organic thing.  So... I will probably write about some books, post some scrapbooking layouts, tell some stories, give out unsolicited advice to the void of the internet and maybe talk about some issues that matter….at least to me.   

I have been gone from this space for a year and a day.

It feels good to be back.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It's good to HAVE you back!! I know that *I'll* be here to read whatever it is that you feel like writing about, whenever you feel like writing it. Welcome back! :)

jana0926 said...

Welcome back!! We DID miss you!