So, here I am trying to write the second post in my comeback tour. And I have thought about a number of things to write about, such as things on Facebook that piss me off or how to be a good volunteer or why I think that Tom should think I am hotter than Gisele. But then a gift was dropped right in my lap. Dropped right out of the mouth of babes...or at least out of the mouth of my youngest babe.
My youngest child is quite a profound thinker and can be often counted on to come up with thoughtful and helpful answers to the most difficult questions. So, several mornings ago, we were snuggling in bed and I posed my latest question to him; The question that I believed was the hardest yet....."Where did you get such a cute butt?'
I know what you are thinking. I am pushing too hard. However,it has been my belief that the harder we push our children as thinkers, the more easily they will find their passion in life that will lead them to a career that enables them to buy me a big house someday.
His answer blew me away and confirmed that I am heading in the right direction with my parenting skills.
"Mama, I got it at a museum. That is where all the good butts come from."
Point to self....go ahead and get that yearly membership at the art museum...I have an exchange I need to make on my end.
1 comment:
I love this and the fact you too ask the most thought provoking questions to your kids.
Post a Comment