Monday, October 12, 2009

Renewal

So, my blog break is ending. I had to take a break from something and this was the easiest thing to ignore for a while. There is a couple of reasons why I am calling this blog renewal. 1) I am renewing my commitment to my blog. 2) I have been doing a great deal of thinking while I have been on this blog break and have come to the decision to let go of some stuff in my life---more on that in another post. 3) And the feature of this post......Read on to find out more.


One of the things that happened on my blog break was my 10 year wedding anniversary! We didn't have any crazy plans, but Steve did take me out to dinner and to a surprise. We went to a very fancy restaurant and had a very nice meal and then headed to the surprise. Steve wanted me to be blindfolded, but I was not having that. I don't like being blindfolded...it makes me feel unstable and weird. So , we are driving along and I happened to guess where we were going, which pissed Steve off.


So any guesses as to what we did? Horse drawn carriage rides? A boat tour? A concert? nope


Steve arranged for us to get our vows renewed! It was the simplest, sweetest of gifts and I loved it. And he had my mom there!



Happy 10th anniversary baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 10th Anniversary! I remember very vividly when you got married... that lucky Sixpence is working out for you, huh? You know everybody that has used it is still together? That's awesome! Much love to ya!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

What a wonderful gift! Way to go Steve. :)

Hope all is well up in PA - I've missed hearing from you through your blog. Looking forward to more posts soon!