Author: Elizabeth Kostova, who wrote one of my all time favorite books, The Historian
Pages: 500+
One sentence synopsis: A story about an artist who is obsessed with a woman from the past.
Thoughts: I started this book with high expectations since I loved The Historian. I have to admit that I spent the first 400 pages questioning why I was still reading the book. But something kept me going. Glad I did. The last hundred pages made the first 400 pages make total sense. And made them worth it.
Who this book would interest (in my humble opinion): Lovers of art and those who like to know the history behind paintings. Anyone who is good with reading a longer book.
Advice about reading this book: There are flashbacks to the past. I didn't pay as close attention to these as I should have. Pay attention to these.
Quotes from the book: I forgot to write this one down, but it had to do with the fact that someone commented on being English and feeling like an outsider. I, being mainly from the English Isles, often joke that I think most people think of me as being cold, impersonal and aloof and that it is due to my heritage. Nice to know it is not just me!
No comments:
Post a Comment