Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sliced Bread and Pinterest

Yes, I can honestly say that Pinterest is almost as good as sliced bread. And if I could put some chocolate on Pinterest...well we might have a real debate on our hands as to which was better.

For those who are not familiar with Pinterest.  Take a look.

It is like being able to rip out the pages of many magazines without the mess or the guilt of never doing anything with all those magazine pages.  And being able to organize them and feel all good and bubbly inside about doing that.  

But as with everything there is the flaw.  

The flaw with Pinterest is one of the same flaws that I have always had with the magazine ripping.  Will I ever actually do anything with the things I pin?  

The magazines pages will sit in a pile for days/months/years and never actually reach their full potential of having been utilized.  

So, I set out this past weekend to prove myself wrong and actually "use" a pin.  

For the my first real leap, I choose something that would be relatively easy and that would make me happy.  And it helped me out since I was having a little get together and needed a drink to serve.  So, I went straight to my "Food" board and find this:


This is not my recipe nor was I the original pinner.  Just sayin'

One of my reasons for doing this?  Sometimes I wonder if something is as easy as it says it is.  You can read in a magazine or a website that something can be accomplished in three simple steps and come to find out the three simple steps each involve five smalller steps and each step takes a hour to complete.  

So the question that always comes to mind right before I rip that magazine page or hit "Repin"?

I can pin stuff all I want on Pinterest, but in the end, will I actually do it? 

So, the verdict on the margaritas? 

These were well worth the try.   

I followed the instructions and it came out just as I would have liked.  The recipe was perfect.  And the tip about only using Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice?  Totally agree! 

Next week?  I think I may venture onto my "Crafts I want to make Board" 


No comments: