Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good News/Bad News




Hi everyone!


Well there has been some good news and some bad news about my dad. HIs lungs are now CLEAR! yeah! And his speech has improved! And he got a bath! :0) And he is asking to get his hair washed! I will take all the good news I can get! The bad news is that his blood pressure is WAY up. not sure of the cause. But for today, the good outweighed the bad! I really want to thank everyone who has been sending thoughts and prayers our way. I really feel like all the goodness is bringing comfort and peace and I TRULY believe that it is part of the reason for the good news. We realize that my dads condition is never going to improve to a point where he will be recovered from cancer or even leave the hospital (but we are hoping and have faith) but we we really hope he can have peace, comfort and happiness in the end and this experience has reenforced my belief that prayer can play a part in giving that to a person...so from the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!


Here is another picture to honor my dad..this year at Christmas my dad wanted to give the grandkids lots of gift and gifts that were sor to f oldies, but goodies. he got them all checker boards and slinkies. He also went to the Good will and bought a whole garbage bag of stuffed animals and then had each grandhchild reach in and get a surprise stuffed animal. Sam pulled a tiger which is his most prized lovey (notice the picture)He also got them leather kits to make their own leather stuff...notice the leather headband around Sam's head. My dad was never the big Christmas person, so it really moved me how tender he became with my kids and how interested he was in making Chritmas special. love you daddy!

No comments: