
So I found out last night that dad had multiple strokes, not just one. The doctors are also concerned that he can't swallow and if that is true a feeding tube will need to be inserted, which is heavy duty and will be hard on my dad. There is also fluid in his lungs which is really bad. He also can not get out of bed. The doctors have told my mom that before the stroke my dad porobably had months and now we are looking at weeks at the most. He is conscience and does know who people are, but does start talking to people like they are someone else. For example my dad started talking to my mom like it was my brother Shiloh. I am so thankful for all of you who have sent good thoughts and prayers. Even though this is looking like the end of this battle for my dad, just knowing that people are wishing him well really is wonderful and comforting. I have been preparing myself for this most of my life. My dad was 54 when I was born and the fact that he was older was always present in my mind and I can remember being a young girl checking on him as he was taking a nap to make sure he was still breathing. So...you would think i would be ready for this or it would not be so sad. But the truth be told, I don't think it matters if you have time to prepare or not. It has still hit me in the stomach...hard. So I will keep posting on here about how he is doing because I know that familyand friends might be checking and wanting to know what is going on. I am attaching a picture of my dad. I tis wiht Sam who my dad he always calls Ol' Smiley.
1 comment:
Alex, I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And the rest of your family and especially your dad that he may be as pain free and peaceful as possible. Much love...jana
Post a Comment