Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES!!!!!!!!!!

14 months ago, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. On the day he was diagnosed,he asked the doctor how long. The doctor was very vague and gave statements like, "Well, , most people have 3-5 years, while others have 1 year while I have seen some who live for 15 years." My dads statement to the doctor. "Give me 18 months so I can see a Democrat in the White House." Well, daddy...today is for you! We did it! I am so happy. Although, I cried all through Obama's speech last night because I was so sad that Dad did not get to see him win. I hope they have CNN in heaven :)! And no, I was not just happy that Obama won because of my dad, but happy for me and my country. Wow, what a great thing! I hope this moves people to work to make our country a better place. The situation we are in is not just because of our governement, it is because of the choices that we make. Not just in who we elect, but what we do in our day to day lives. What businesses we support and don't support. How we raise our children. What products we use in our homes. How we help in our communities. How we are with our money. If anything, what i am inspired to do is make our country better by the little things I can do each day.

No comments: