Over the last couple of days, we have had some things happen that made me realize that my boys are growing up.
1) Stephen had his first cello concert. He wore the whole dress shirt, belt, tie, dress shoe outfit and looked SOOO grownup. And was so proud of himself! AND played a mean twinkle, twinkle, little star!
2) Sam is OFFICIALLY registered for Kindergarten. Due to his speech and learning delay he is going to be attending a developmental learning support kindergarten in our district. Same was diagnosed with PDD-NOS. Basically it is a mild form of Autism. But he will be gone ALL day and will be riding a bus to school. I am thrilled that he will be getting so much help and everyone from my mom, to his private therapists, to the school therapists, to the new teacher are VERY hopeful and excited that this is going to help him a great deal. I am thrilled, but a bit ...sad...I think that is how I feel. This little boy has been with ME for the past five years (albeit with preschool thrown in) and I am going to miss having him around all the time. However, I came to the conclusion a while ago that I am not trained to teach Sam. Yes, I help him every day and we work on all the areas he needs to improve on and work on all his IEP goals, but I can't do this all on my own. There...I said it. But I do for see lots of crying come August 31st.
3) Daniel has let go of his sippy cup. Sort of. We are getting rid of all of our plastic sippy cups and just using two Sigg metal cups now. he is doing really well with a regular cup and we are just using the sigg cups for water at night and in the car. He can drink very well out of juice boxes and knows how to get his own water. My baby animal is growing up!!!
Weight loss? 9.3 LBS!!!!!
Book reading? Just finished She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. 450+ pages and read it in two days. Yeah, you could say I like it! Now I am moving on to The Other Queen by Phillipa Gregory.
Moment not to forget: Daniel asking me to "Hold You" when he wants me to hold him. The little man has not been able to understand it is "Hold Me". But to be honest with you I have not corrected it since it is so cute!
1 comment:
Awww... I know what you mean about watching the kids grow up. It all seems to go by so quickly. 9.3 pounds lost is fabulous -- way to go!!
Post a Comment