Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The bite heard around the world

We have entered a new realm here in our household.....the BITING zone. Take a peek, but I warn...it is slightly SCARY!





Yes, my friends...this is my son's back and the damage that my other son did with his teeth to it. NICE! Lots of screaming and sitting in time out and saying we are sorry happened here on Sunday night. Of all nights...Family night! Feel the love, people, feel the love! However, the one who was bitten did do his own bit of instigating. He had been running after his baby brother and was kicking him in the rear and laughing. Well, baby brother got sick of this and went for the bite. Yummy!

Okay, so life here has been chugging along and I haven't lost any more weight, but I am jumping back on the wagon. Mother's day, my birthday, and a fun camping trip with smores all lead to a little bit of food indulging,but with my commitment to exercise, I have not gained any back. So, now I need to just need to rein in the food and jump on that wagon and since yesterday when I made the leap, another pound lost! So, giddyup.

What am I reading? I am a HUGE fan of garage sales and over the past couple of weeks, I have been blessed with glorious book finds at local garage sales. I got the first Sookie Stackhouse book in the vampire series. HUGE SCORE! So I read it and now hubby has read it---he doesn't read a lot, so when he does it is neat to have someone to share the fun with. He even volunteered a gift card he had gotten from Borders a couple of Christmas's ago to buy the rest of the books in the series ( I know...I would have spent it within days). I have been reading Phillipa Gregory's the Other Queen and I am highly disappointed. I have loved her other books, but not this one. it is written in multiple voices and the chapters are short, which makes it hard to get into each person's head. Anyway, I am struggling with it! Also reading The Saturday Night Knitting Club and enjoying that so far.

Today is Sam's graduation from preschool, so I must go get the little ones dressed and off to the ceremony. Pictures will be coming! Have a great day whereever you are!

No comments: