Friday, June 26, 2009
Goodbye MJ
Ahhh...the gloved one. In the past decade or so, I honestly have not given much thought to Michael Jackson other than to wonder what exactly was happening to him and what a strange sorted life he led, but before that....well there are some good memories there. Picture this...me learning my times tables 0-9 and after months of being drilled by my mother at our kitchen table I finally got them all correct (Me and math have always had a difficult relationship). The prize? Thriller! I remember siting in my parents den in my red flannel nightgown and listening to my new prize. Or how about the time that my dad, my brother Shiloh and I were broken down in Snowflake, Utah. This was a booming town with a single four way intersection and one gas station that moonlighted as a grocery and video store. We had broken down on our way to Seattle to catch a ferry to Alaska. And the video Thriller was one of their 12 choices of videos. Shiloh and I watched it forever while the car got fixed. Good stuff I tell you. I still get nervous when I hear the opening notes of that song. And so many other good songs-Billie Jean, PYT, Man in the mirror,- you will be missed gloved one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment