Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Changes

Everyday I think of new things to write on this blog and most days, I don't write them. Particularly because I sit and think about them too much and end up thinking, "Why would anyone want to read about that!" But I am trying to also remember that one of my major reasons in writing this blog was to someday put all of this in book form for my kids so they can have a picture of their day to day lives. So, I am TRYING to work on that little voice inside my head that tells me not to write about something little and insignificant. So, here goes me writing about that little stuff.

Lately our lives are heading towards lots of little changes. Yesterday was Sam's last day of school and I felt like crying. He is growing up TOO fast. We have really liked his bus drivers.His teacher, Miss Nicole, was a really nice lady that was a very good teacher. I am a bit sad to say good by to all of them. We are almost done with Sam's therapy and getting ready say good bye to Miss Dana and Miss Amy. They have both been part of our weekly lives for over a year and a half. We have become friendly and it is going to be hard to not have them in our lives. They have helped Sam and our family immeasurably. And then there is Stephen. He is out of THIRD grade in one day. What happened to K, 1, and 2 grade? This is another reason why I need to blog about the everyday stuff, everyday!

I guess I am just a bit sad and not sure what to do with the sadness.

Yes, there are positives to the changes. A much more carefree schedule to the days! Less money spent on therapy and gas. And us leaving therapy means something....that Sam is improving! So there are really good, happy things that result from all of this. And for those of you who have read about my love of rain....it is raining again today! Yippee! So there is always a silver lining, right? Okay, I have to go eat my frozen waffles---we are trying to clean out the freezer.

1 comment:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm feeling the same things over here. Kiddo is out of first grade, he's got a mohawk haircut (photos coming to my blog soon), he's growing like a weed ... and all this time is something I'll never get back.

But he IS growing, and doing well, and we're all fine, and those are good things.

Oh and we had the most powerful thunderstorm here last night - it woke me up and I so enjoyed hearing the rain and the crashing thunder.