Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Graduation day

Yesterday was Sammy's graduation from preschool. I love these type of ceremonies. I have read some blogs and heard from friends that they think that they are stupid or unnecessary. I think celebrating all of life's moments are so important, whether you just say "good job" or have a big bang out ceremony. Sammy's teacher's gave each child a certificate that had three words that described that child. Sammy's three words were "Artistic, sense of humor, and organized" All very true of our Sammy and it was so nice that his teachers took the time to do that. They sang some songs and then the most important part...the cake!

Every time we reach a new milestone with Sammy I always am blown away by how far he has come. He was almost four before he ever spoke a sentence and I remember that day in the hospital when they told us that he had PDD and us being so worried about what the future would hold for Sam. We are truly lucky in how he is doing and in the scope of all that so many other families are challenged with, we are very fortunate.

So, lets celebrate this moment with some pictures!


Sammy walking up to get his certificate ( in the white shirt)


After the ceremony, with his special t-shirt and his certificate.

Gotta love the cake!
Mommy and Sam. A good day all around!

1 comment:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. CONGRATULATIONS SAMMY!