Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dreaming of Dad

So, today, I had planned on writing about how my weight loss journey was going. You know.... how I have been taking a bit of a break due to vacation and how I hadn't gained any weight, but I hadn't lost any. Additionally, I had started back up again and was moving along. BUT I had a dream last night. About my dad.

What really kind of floored me were the similarities to the dream I had back in April.

This is where I should link you to that blog post, but I still can't get that to work. Anyway, I digress.

In my earlier dream, dad and I were driving down a very steep road and then the dream ended with him telling me that he loved me. This new dream started with us, again, driving down a road, but this time we were on this side of a rocky mountain driving up and down. There was no road, just the tracks worn out of the ground. It almost looked like a cross between the rocky mountains and the hills in china. Must have been China because at the end of the road was a HUGE herd of pandas ( not sure if pandas live in groups or if they are called herds...it was a dream, what can I say!). My dad gets out the truck and starts petting the pandas. We were in the middle of a valley with a waterfall and it looked like we were under a highway overpass, but with no cars going on it.

Again...it was a dream.

And then the dream ended. A couple things stuck out in my mind.

*Last time I had a dream about my dad, I was scared. This time, no fear, just peace.

*For some reason I was going to be getting on an airplane to fly somewhere else on the island and my dad was "pushing energy" towards me that I would be fine on the plane. I wish I had a better phrase then "pushing energy" but that is what it felt like. He didn't say a word to me about flying or my fear, I just felt that energy coming off him.

* A lot of my memories of my dad revolve around driving with him. My dad had a job that involved a lot traveling and I often went with him. He also taught me how to drive and so we spent alot of my teen years in a car together. There are several profiles I remember of my dad and one of those is of him as he was driving down a highway. With one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding his pipe. And eating fritos and bean dip. I still always like to get bean dip and fritos on a long road trip.

*My dad always had a strong connection with animals and was very comfortable around them. I am guessing that that was why the pandas were there. Either that, or we have been watching a ton of Kung Fu Panda around here. Daniel is a bit partial to it.

I started this post earlier this morning and have been thinking about it throughout the morning. I am wondering if the beauty of where we were, the fact that we were doing something my dad and I enjoyed, and I felt peace was perhaps a glimpse of heaven and where my dad is. Who knows, but that feels right.

No comments: