Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Shore

We made our yearly descent upon the Jersey shore this past week and really the only way to describe it would be through pictures, so here we go.
We hung out with friends

We mastered some skills


We caught up with family

We played in the ocean

A LOT

Discovered some new places to play

Added some new members to the family- Mako (after the shark) and Alex (I am honored to have a hermit crab named after me)

Spent some time with just the five of us

and we slept

And because not everything can be photographed, Steve and I got to spend 5 glorious hours with each other alone where we binged and ate food covered in grease and cheese, bought me a little bauble, shopped without having to worry which stores we could enter that we might have to purchase something our darlings would break AND we saw the new Harry Potter movie! It was absolutely thrilling. Yeah I don't get out much. And the evening ended by the two of us almost getting washed over into the Atlantic ocean by a high tide that come over the wall at 10'clock at night. Not so thrilling.

2 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

James, Chris, and I got to see HP last weekend and we really enjoyed it too! Glad to see you had a great time on vacation. :)

Cindy said...

Yay, sounds like a great trip! Glad to hear that you two got some alone time :)