Sunday, November 1, 2009

Moment to remember---Muddy


Stephen has been playing soccer this fall and this past Saturday was a double header----IN THE MUD. Turns out that the men running the soccer league are not as worried about little things called rain or mud or children covered in either. So, no games were cancelled despite the torrential rainfall the couple of hours before the game. But I digress.....So, Stephen is playing in the first game and several boys have already fallen flat on their backs with muddy consequences. Stephen and his teammates are near the goal and this kid on the other team takes a header into the mud...and everyone keeps running by him...except Stephen. He stops in mid run, turns back and pulls the kid out of the mud. Let me tell you people, I audibly gasped. To watch your own kid do something kind without being told to and it is just instinct...that is pretty cool! Pretty proud mama sitting on the sidelines that day! I am pretty sure he got that Good Samaritan thing from me...

No comments: