A Savior,a Song, and a Star
What are my actual wants--not my whims, but my needs? I want to feel that living has a truly great reason. I want abiding assurance that days are meaningful, that life has a worthy destination, a dependable Guide, and a sure direction. I want something to do and an adequate reason for doing it. I want to hear a voice which says things which do not need to be revised.
I want to be true. I want to be honest. I want to be consistent. I want to be able to pray "thy kingdom come and "thy will be done" without feeling that I am but a kneeling lie. I want to live with my conscience as I read my Bible.
I want my children to be safe. I want to be happy. I want to be healthy.
I need Christ. Without him there is no significance in my present task and no anchor for my future trial. Without him I choke on every prayer and lift my eyes to a vacant sky.
I want a song that is inspired by an event, that makes an eternal difference, a song that is true. I want this song to sing, but I also want it to give.
Lord, I can never compose this song. Give me a song, I pray.
And then dear Lord, I want a star to follow, something to look up to.
A savior, a song and a star-- there are my vital needs, and this is my prayer.
1 comment:
a very lovely post :)
Post a Comment