Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"F" You

Okay, so I promised the infamous "f" you story. About a week ago, stephen was in school and was having his library time with his class. One of the boys had a fiction book by an author with the last name of young. Well, on the back envelope where they place the card for the library card, they also write a letter for the genre of the writing, in this case fiction and therefore an "F'. Following this letter they also write the first three letters of the authors name and therefore the "you". So this little boy knew what this means other than the intentional meaning and starts asking the other little boys if they know what it means. They do and then bring it over to my precious innocent child who has no idea what it means. At this point I will break in the story for my step up onto the soapbox. In our house we have outlawed all cuss words. My husband and I don't use them around the kids and don't allow such words as shut up or stupid or dumb, etc. We believe it leads to a level of disrespect in a family and it is a "house" rule. Okay, now I step off. So, when these little monsters came over to my son and started asking if he knew what it meant he replied no and then the boys starting giving him hints such as rhyming with muck, puck and then spelling the word. Well, Stephen figured it out and blurts out "F*&K You" Well, all hell breaks loose and long story short, he gets in trouble. Partly because in his naiveness, he keeps saying "why can't I say F*&k you" and he keeps saying it over and over anytime an adult asked him what was going on. He then gets sent to the counselor who asks him why he was sent there and he replies in an angry voice, "Because I said F*&k you! So we ended up with a disciplinary form and a call from the councelor that insinuated that Stephen did know what the word meant. Okay, back on soapbox. Why would a kid keep saying it if they really knew what it meant and knew it would get them in trouble. Now, believe me, I think Stephen should have gotten a disciplinary report. I also believe it opened a good converstation for us to have with Stephen. But the other boys were not disciplined and had no report sent home. These little monsters started the whole thing and knew from the getgo what they were doing and knew what they were doing. Even the librarian, teacher, and councelor acknowledged it, but since the boys didn't say the word....no discipline. These boys are the ones that really needed the discipline. Okay.....bad mojo all out now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...that's a classic kid story and now you'll have that to share with his wife, kids...ah, gotta love them.

Cindy said...

I totally agree with you that it's unfair that the other boys didn't get any discipline reports sent home with them!!!! Argh!! Well, it's best just to shrug it off and move on, as you have done.... Thanks for sharing the story with us, though! :)