Okay, so here's the deal. I am the mother to one of "those " children. The kind that people run away from. The kind that people give dirty looks to. The kind that leaves people moving away from you. I have a screamer. Not the pissed off screamer. Or a hurt screamer. The kind of child who screams for no reason. Well, the reason actually is his own pleasure. He gets his kicks by screaming. In places that screaming is just not cool in. The car when we are enclosed in it for HOURS. Or Church. Or the grocery store while standing in line. I know, I know. Don't react would be the answer to this predicament. But it is hard not to react. I am almost ready to head the route of duck tape...JUST KIDDING! Sort of. Anyway, today I just had had about enough. The lady in front of us wanted to apply for the store's card..you know the kind that gives you all the deals. It was taking forever! And Daniel decided that now was the time to drop a couple of well placed scream bombs. Nice! Anyway people were starting to look. So, lets looks like at our options.....1) Ignore...Nope, takes too much time to work. We need speed. Okay...so 2) Cover the mouth....Nope Daniel thinks that is funny and incites a whole new episode of screaming. Getting closer to the duck tape....3) I can only think of one thing....cover his mouth, but with what? Nothing that will get me into trouble. quickest thought...My own mouth. So I turn to kissing the kid repeatedly. Which he thinks this is funny and the checkout guy thinks is weird by the look on his face. Oh well...It works! So the moral of my story is this. Be creative and next time you see one of those kids, remember you were once one of those little rugrats! Give the mom a pat on the back and say "Good Job!"

No comments:
Post a Comment