Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My 100th post...sort of.

This is actually the 101st post, but as #31 explains, I have issues with numbers. So, in honor of the 100 posts that I have written before this.....I give lots of weird, strange, bizarre, true information all about me! Enjoy!



1. I love avocados
2. I once got squished under a trampoline...not cool.
3. I have fainted from the sight of blood.
4. I rock the crock pot!
5. I am a sucker for garage sales and especially books at garage sales
6. I love Twix candy bars
7. I could drink my weight in Chai tea lattes from Starbucks.
8. I do not like it when children do not have manners.
9. I will correct children that don't have manners....yeah I am that lady.
10. I abhor needles, dentists and flying. So, I would not do well getting my flu shot from a dentist on an airplane.
11. My mother makes me laugh with her impersonation of an Asian woman talking.
12. My nicknames have included augi, little girl, bird dog, al, dolly, and hey you.
13. I have a lifetime membership in girl scouts
14. My favorite girl scout cookie is a toss up between thin mints, samoas, and the shortbread one.
15. My first kiss was in my freshman year of high school and it was weird and I don't even remember the guys name.
16. I am not an animal person.....that is the nicest way I can put that.
17. Except dogs.
18. I have not eaten red meat or pork in over 22 years.
19. My favorite book of all time is Lonesome Dove. I have read it five times.
20. My least favorite book of all time is Wuthering Heights. I shiver just thinking of the 1 time I had to read it.
21. My favorite color is blue
22. I share a birthday with my brother and my uncle
23. Ikea is just a splendid place to be. Makes me happy to be there!
24. I scrapbook
25. I don't like having my feet tickled. I will kick you if you try. Watch out.
26. I love going to the movies. Wish I could do it more.
27. Grew up loving the New Kids on the Block and I still do.
28. I am an Episcopalian. Have been from the womb and always will be.
29. I am a Gemini.
30. I use to jump hurdles in track. I sucked at it.
31. Math scares me
32. I had a day named after me once...for doing what...I will keep that a secret. ;)
33. I have struggled with weight for years
34. I am jealous of those who can knit.
35. I could read for hours on end without stopping. Give me #7 and #6 and some historical fiction and I can stay in one place for hours.
36. I would love to get into a shark cage and see great white sharks
37. I have a strange fascination watching real life crime documentaries.
38. I can be somewhat sarcastic. I have learned the hard way that some people get it and other people are just dumb....
39. I love my home state of New Mexico. It is in my blood.
40. I firmly believe that green chili is a food group all of its own.
41. Plants are my friends.....and they even talk to me sometimes (remember #38)
42. I hate it when people say to me about scrapbooking, "Oh, I don't have time for that." Nooooo....it is NOT that you don't have time for it. It is that you CHOOSE not to do it!
43. I have a college degree which I am quite proud of, if I say so myself!
44. I have a worm compost bin
45. I make my own household cleaners
46. I wrote my father's eulogy and gave it.
47. I love Burt's Bees products
48. I collect thimbles
49. I have a slight addiction to Farmville on Facebook
50. I love watching Kathy Griffin
51. If I could own a car that runs on french fry grease, I would
52. No, I would not fall into the category of a tree hugging, earth muffin, love child.
53. Maybe I fall into the category of a shrub loving, donut eating, recycling chick!
54. Hottest man alive? My husband
55. I have had my name carved into a tree...this is what kept me out of falling into the category of #52!
56. When running track, I fell and got run over by the boys track team
57. I once had to drive a car backwards, since it wouldn't go forward...loose pin or screw or something
58. I am a self proclaimed dessert snob. I don't like any of the following items in my desserts: coconut, nuts, fudge, dark chocolate, dried fruit, cheese cake, peanut butter, raisins.
59. So...... what does a self proclaimed dessert snob like? Chocolate, caramel, GOOD chocolate covered strawberries, anything gummy (as in fish, bears, snakes, etc), hot fruit pies with french vanilla ice cream, waffle cones, and my mother in-law's rice krispie treats.
60. I have been to 49 of the 50 states. Haven't made it to the Islands yet.
61. I love road trips.
62. In my opinion...any road trip needs Fritos and bean dip...from a can!
63. Never said I was a dip snob!
64. I am not afraid of public speaking
65. I own a set of bumpits
66. And a snuggie.
67. We can date our family back at least 8 generations
68. I know how to climb a tree...like with the ropes and stuff.
69. I like order in my life. Period.
70. Except for when my Gemini twin rears her ugly head and a twinge of chaos peeks into my life in the form of my car.
71. I hate cleaning out my car.
72. And cleaning the bathrooms, and putting away laundry, and washing dishes, and dusting.
73. But I really like a clean house.
74. If I had a couple extra bucks to spend a month... I would hire a maid.
75. I feed the birds in our back yard.
76. I don't like it when people give me advice when I don't ask for it. BIG pet peeve of mine!
77. Passive aggressive people make me want to hit my head with a rolling pin.
78. In college, I belonged to both a sorority AND a fraternity.
79. I coined the term "groddy toady" in high school. Yeah ....the money is rolling in from that one.
80. I once asked a boy out in high school. He said maybe. Then went and told all his friends about it and they laughed at me as I walked by. Saw him on Facebook the other day. He hasn't aged well. OHHH too bad! Bitter?! Me?! NEVER!
81. I can go off on tangents. I am sure you haven't noticed.
82. I have been to 2 Grateful Dead shows. I am pretty sure that I was the only non-high, sober person there. I was kind of bored.
83. I have never used drugs in my life...seriously.
84. Except alcohol.
85. And I smoked a cigar once in college.
86. I have stood on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. If you don't get this....you need a musical education.
87. I was so mad at my mom for smoking once that I buried all the ash trays in our house. Pissed would be an understatement.
88. I am not sure about #74. Maybe it would be books, or good food, or some new digital scrapbooking files.........
89. I was an acolyte in middle school and high school.
90. I poured wine instead of water on the priests hands. Luckily, they don't fire acolytes.
91. I have watched CSI: Las Vegas from the first episode.
92. I have never seen LOST! Oh the horror!
93. I played Mary in our Christmas Pageant once. My Joseph turned out to be gay.
94. I take ZUMBA three times a week. LOVE IT!
95. Perfect Friday night? Scrapbooking with the girls, reading a book, drinking some SHIRAZ, and watching Joel Mchale on THE SOUP.
96. What have I missed most since college? Sleep.
97. If I am not drinking SHIRAZ? Amaretto sours.
98. I love making lists...
99. If you have made it this far, you must like me. You must really like me! :0)
100. Thank you...I like you too!

1 comment:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

why thank you, I like you too. ;)