Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My resolutions, goals, attempts to be good for 2010.

Since November I have been thinking about them.....resolutions for the New Year. I have a love/hate relationship with them, as I think most of the modern day world does. I keep reading blogs about resolutions. How not to break them, how to make them, why not to make them at all. So I took everything I have read and believe about them and have come to some conclusion.
1) I will be making resolutions this year
2) I did not make them to start on New Year's Day
3) I am keeping a resolution chart which I found here . It is very beneficial to look at your resolutions daily and think about how you are doing on them.
4) Some of my resolutions will not start until later on in the year.

So, what are my resolutions? Not sure I should list them all because frankly there is a lot. But here is a start

1) The age old resolution of losing weight.....never goes away and it is going to be something that I regularly struggle with, so small steps and being mindful about what I shove in my mouth are how I am starting with this. And a personal trainer that the hubby got me for Christmas....her name is Megan and I hear she can kick your a$% up and down the wall. Yeah, maybe it is time to rethink these resolutions.........

2) Every year this lady comes up with a word or phrase to help define what she wants out of her year. This year I came up with two words....downsize (which would apply to resolution #1) and simplify. Life has become a bit two busy in this house and I don't like it. A ton of it is my own making. So, I am saying "No" to a lot of things and getting rid of a lot, both literally and figuratively. I am proud to say I have already gotten rid of 5 responsibilities! Not bad for 11 eleven days in. And there are lots of little resolutions that fall under this umbrella. For example, My computer times has become much more focused ans shortened. I have been trying to keep it at 1.5 hours a day. And the television....that is a whole post in and of itself.

3) To love my blog more. And to be here more. Enough said.

Times up!

No comments: