Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Next Dare

Finishing up the dare was without a doubt, satisfying and a relief. Some might think that it would be wise to move on with life and forget Sci F/fantasy. To be honest, that was the plan. I was still planning on doing some dares that I would give myself, but was having a bit of hard time deciding what to do. And then another dare arrived in my in box.

From someone else......

And it was a new list of Sci-fi.

Hmmmmmm....

Do I delete it and run? Or do I face this dare and trample it down like a herd of donkey kicking Trollocs?

I do like Trollocs.....and there was some scifi I liked.....

What is a girl to do?

Maybe just one more time around the sci fi merry-go-round?!

Okay, so, here are the details...



5 books/ 5 months

I was given a long list of books and I chose 3. HE chose 2.

I am accepting this dare today which is May 6th and so my dare is due on October 6th.

I must write an acceptance post ......done

I must write a post about each book talking about the book, likes, dislike, etc

I must write a summary blog about all five books and what I learned....if anything

And now for the books:



Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell

Time and Again by Jack Finney

Lucifer's Hammer byLarry Niven

Garbage Chronicles by Brian Herbert.



and so it begins.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read "Hitchhiker's guide.." and I remember liking it, but I like sci-fi in general.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Yeah those are definitely more Scifi and less Fantasy! :) I have to say that I really couldn't get into HITCHHIKER though ... but maybe you'll do better than I did.

And kudos on taking up a new dare!!!