So, what crazy thing have I come up with? This one has been stewing in my brain now for quite some time. Years in fact. Nothing crazy, but an idea that I have been toying with and "feels" appealing.
I am giving up TV.
For three months.
At least.
So, from today (June 2nd) until August 26th I will not watch television. I know what you are saying, "Easy to give up TV in summer, nothing is on". Yes, that is true that there is nothingt on, but for some reason I will still sit in front of it even in the summer and watch something.
How does this dare work with my blog? I will write once a week here on this blog about what it was like and most importantly what I did in place of watching TV. I have been overwhelmed as of late by a large number of projects that I would like to get done and I have a feeling that taking TV out of the picture might help me get something accomplished.
How does this dare work with my blog? I will write once a week here on this blog about what it was like and most importantly what I did in place of watching TV. I have been overwhelmed as of late by a large number of projects that I would like to get done and I have a feeling that taking TV out of the picture might help me get something accomplished.
The one exception I am giving myself? Movies in the theatre with my kids or husband.
Any worries about "missing" TV, you might ask? I am not a big TV watcher anyway, but I often use it to wind down. I am going to have to find another way to do that. I can see a lot more tea drinking going on in my future.
The Prize? My husband (whose is coveting a 32" Samsung flat screen) replied "A new TV" when I asked him.
I could say that all the projects I am going to get done would be prize enough, but that rings of hippies sitting in a circle singing Kumbaya. Hmmmm, what to do? How about a this? It has been sitting on my wish list for quite some time and nobody has been getting the hint......I say I should take matters into my own hands...
1 comment:
ooh you are BRAVE!!! Good luck!!!
Post a Comment