Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No TV DARE: Week 1

I am sure that you have all been on pins an needles wondering if I would survive the first week of NO TV. 

I have survived.

Quite well in fact. 

Haven't really missed it.

The hardest part has been keeping myself from turning on the TV when I go to bed.  It is a bit of a ritual and I have used the TV to go to bed for a LONG time.  I keep laying in bed at night and just thinking.........Which leads to lots of thoughts about lots of things, which leads to me wondering about a lot of things, which ........zzzzzzzzzzz

Oh sorry.....kinda makes me a bit sleepy, that whole thinking thing.  But I digress.

So, what have I done in all my spare TV watching time?  Notice the playlist off to the right hand side?!?!  Cool huh!  Figured that one out one night. Also, figured out how to import all my contacts from Outlook into my gmail account. And hold onto your shorts, here people.....I created my first playlist....." A Little Taste of Country"!

Stop laughing.  We all have to start somewhere. 

I also have been trying to simplify things in my life ( for those of you who know that I just got forced  elected as the new Home and School Association president....be quiet) and I typed up "job descriptions" for two positions I gave up and passed along my vast amount of knowledge concerning Market Day fundraisers and Cub Scout newsletters to those now carrrying those torches.  Clearing the slate I tell you!

I also have gone to bed earlier (10:30 instead of 11:30) and since the TV has not been on in the middle of the night, I no longer wake up each morning wanting to run out and meet Tony Robbins or sell real estate down in Florida with Erik Estrada or wear Cindy Crawford mascara. 

I have also finished two books this week.  Not a record neccessarily, but not bad I must say.

It has been a good first week.....although I do miss Tony a bit.....

2 comments:

fl mom said...

You can do it! I gave up TV one year in high school... for new skis. And I still have them. Crazy thing for a Floridian to own :)

ME said...

FL mom....A year is kinda of my dream time to give it up, but I stopped due to the fact that I love watching Christmas movies and shows. We'll see though....I may go for another three months right up November.