Friday, April 24, 2009

All the T-shirts I want!

In a galaxy far, far away, I had talked about how I was going to lose weight. And yes, I talked about it for quite a while and then...never spoke of it again. Doesn't mean I stopped. Well, actually a better description of that would be that I never stopped working towards my goal of losing weight. I actually started months ago when I first promised to stop drinking soda. Then I moved on to no more Chai teas from Starbucks and then no more Digorno Pizza's and now I have cut out dairy queen trips and almost all "treats" Be back to the "almost" part in a minute. So I promised all these things and, yes, I have followed through, but I also have been adding the ol'exercise routine because taking certain foods out of your diet does not make a skinny girl! So here I have been pluggin along and so far I am down two pounds. Not a big amount for someone with the lofty goal of fifty pounds, but after MONTHS of pulling away food and making habits...it is finally coming together. A new habit I added this week was the mantra. In the many miles I have walked on the treadmill, I kept thinking of all the reason that I needed to lose weight from new clothes,. healthy body, liking myself in pictures, etc. So this Monday I started the idea of using a mantra whenever I wanted to not do something, like get on the treadmill. I have used liking myself in pictures on Thursday and today is...drum roll please...."BUYING ANY T_SHIRT I WANT WHEN I WANT!" Okay sounds weird I know, but here is the deal. For years now I have not shopped for clothes because"I didn't want to buy clothes until I was the size that I wanted to be" And I love t-shirts! So as I am lifting weights this morning at the gym, I will think about all the cute t-shirts I can now buy. I have discovered through this whole journey that I do better with small steps and little rewards along the way. My husband has also been giving me little rewards along the way if I ate correctly. No he is not checking on me, I am just being honest with myself about what I ate and he trusts me. So, that has resulted in several foot rubs and last night....HE PAINTED MY TOENAILS FOR ME! Every time I look down at my feet, I smile! This weight loss thing kind of rocks! And I also added this week another reward...chocolate! Yes, people if this mamma is good during the day I get 6 Bliss chocolates while relaxing in the evening with my cup of herbal tea. All day long now whenever I want something sweet, I remind myself that my sweet is at night. Okay so this sounds like a lot of rewards, but so far it is working. And I have been able to stay positive about the whole process.
Now, off to eat my egg white omelet!

Book just finished: Bel Canto. Thoughts? Loved it. Really great love story and very easy to visualize the story. I just didn't like the end. not realistic and I didn't believe it.
Book now reading: Middlesex. Thoughts? Interesting but I am having a VERY hard time staying with it.
Memory I don't want to forget: Sam helping Daniel open his yogurt yesterday and both of them using their "please and thank yous" with out a word from me. A pat me on the back moment!

1 comment:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

You go girl! Every pound counts! I started Weight Watchers earlier this month for many of the same reasons and I'm loving it so far.