I have been contemplating putting this post together for a couple of days now. I had this dream a couple of nights ago that totally rocked my world. My dad and I were driving down this long, winding road that almost seemed to be a roller coaster. My father's driving always scared me and so it was appropriate that I felt scared at this point in the dream. All of a sudden, the dream changes. All I hear is my dad's voice and he says something to the effect of " I am sorry if I was too much work/burden/trouble", referring to his illness. Of which I replied that he wasn't a burden and I started crying in my dream. Then he tells me" I will always love you". Now this is what kind of shook me. My dad was not one for making such statements. He wasn't good at the "emotional" talk. So, it just made me stop in my tracks. Was it him or was it just me wanting to hear him say that? Who knows, but I do know that I felt a great deal of peace after he said that.
On the weight loss front, today's mantra is "Gotta wear something to that wedding!" We have a family wedding in September and one of the things that has always bothered me about my weight is going to a wedding and not liking what I am wearing. I never felt good in the clothes because of my weight. So, today's motivation is about reminding me that I want to like going to this wedding and not having an issue with what I am wearing.
Still trying to muddle through Middlesex. This book is just not doing it for me, but I need to try and finish it. It always irkd me when people don't finish your book. I understand that life happens and believe me, I have not finished some of the books for book club, but for the most part I have. I think it is just a bit rude to not finish, so I ma TRYING to get through this book, but man it is just not doing it for me!
Moment to remember: Sam and Daniel holding hands at the baseball game as we walked around the path and Stephen's awesome hit at his game. There was two outs and he was going to be the last hitter. Talk about pressure! And he brought it! It was a big hit that tied up the game. It was a really great moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment