Thursday, April 30, 2009

It is officially over ...and no..I am not pregnant!

Daniel has passed onto that next plateau known as "the NO Nap phase". Which basically exists for the rest of his and my life! So, we have now started quiet hour. Basically, I read him some books in bed, hoping he will fall asleep and then...he gets up and plays and I put the gate up in front of his room for an hour, so mommy can do the things she needs to do, like make phone calls and breath.

Quick correction from yesterday....The whole gestational diabetes thing. No, I am not pregnant. But when I was pregnant with Daniel, I had gestational diabetes. Since I had it while pregnant, then the chance of me getting diabetes when I am not pregnant are greater. However, my chances go down with the less weight I carry, hence my mantra. So, no baby news.

Speaking of mantras....today's mantra, which I decided on yesterday is somewhat of a personal nature. Not a crying, sentimental personal nature, but a physical one. I am not going to write it out verbatim, but lets just say extra skin is not a good thing.

I am starting a new eating plan today. I have reading a lot about phytonutrients and their benefits. Basically, it is a lot of fruit, veggies and protein. Supposedly it really melts off the pounds! Already had my morning wake up grapefruit. As of this morning, we are down 4.4 pounds! Every little bit counts right?!?!?

SLOWLY MAKING IT THROUGH MIDDLESEX. nothing else can be said.

Moment to remember: This moment has some history. Steve started this tradition of asking the boys whenever we were doing something fun, "Whoever wants to (go to McDonalds, go to the playground, eat a giant hamster covered in chocolate), raise your hand." Stephen and Sam would raise their hands and yell out, "I do". Well of course Daniel needed to get in on the action. So now whenever we say, "Who wants a cookie (or any other fun, exciting thing)?" Daniel always looks to his brothers to see if it is an appropriate thing to yell out "I do" for. Maybe I should start asking who wants to take a nap and bribe the older ones to shout out, "I do!" :0)

No comments: