Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

I have hardly watched any of the inauguration day celebration. Hard to believe with being thrilled about the election, but today was almost hard to face. When my dad was first diagnosed with cancer and he had one of his first doctors appointments, the doctor gave him the timeline talk. You know...how much time did he have. The doctor basically told him....not sure. My dad jokingly (sort of) said " Well give me 18 months so I can see a Democrat in the White House" . My father was a stanch democrat his whole life. He was a big political force in New Mexico. There is so much I could write about his beliefs and what he did, but really what I want to say is that I sure wish he could have been here today to see it all. I just couldn't bear to watch it. But I am really so thrilled that at least his one final wish came true. He would have loved it! As I sit here crying like a total girl...oh wait I am a girl......I hope with all my heart that they have CNN in heaven!

No comments: